[Nut-upsuser] Incorrect Values From usbhid-ups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:12:30 UTC 2014

On Mar 28, 2014, at 1:52 AM, Bill S wrote:

> I just noticed what I think is another incorrectly reported value.   I
> found that on the second screen of upsstats.cgi, the one with bar
> graphs, that the reported battery voltage is 16.0V even though the
> battery charge is at 100% and the UPS is on AC power.  I would have
> thought it should be more than 25V.

I'll be honest, I haven't really done much with the CGI scripts lately. For debugging values, it is probably better to be closer to the driver. I'd recommend using "upsc" or the driver logs.

To that end, the .ac.txt and .bat.txt files both show 24.0 V:

   0.081935	Entering libusb_get_report
   0.082018	Report[get]: (2 bytes) => 09 f0
   0.082029	Path: UPS.PowerSummary.ConfigVoltage, Type: Feature, ReportID: 0x09, Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 24
   0.082035	Entering libusb_get_report
   0.082115	Report[get]: (2 bytes) => 0a f0
   0.082124	Path: UPS.PowerSummary.Voltage, Type: Feature, ReportID: 0x0a, Offset: 0, Size: 8, Value: 24

To your other point about refreshing the CGI display, you could try adding a tag to reload the page at a specific interval. I'm not sure if that forces the images to be reloaded, or if the images need a "no-cache" header in their HTTP headers.

I tend to use collectd to monitor NUT statistics over time:

   https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:NUT

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail