[Nut-upsuser] New UPS supported in 2.0.4

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 22:45:19 UTC 2014

On Mar 30, 2014, at 6:23 PM, Julian Nguyen wrote:

> I downloaded the source, and got it building easily enough. What's the best
> way to get it in to a .deb that use to distribute for an etch system?
> I build a few custom deb files for our own system, so I am somewhat
> familiar with the procedure.

Unfortunately, I don't have an etch buildroot set up to try this, but it would be something like downloading the .diff.gz corresponding to your Debian release's latest NUT package, extracting nut-2.7.1, then applying the .diff.gz to that, and updating the debian/changelog to match the NUT version. It may complain if you don't have a GPG key; I vaguely remember passing "-us -uc" to debuild in order to silence that warning. The debian/control and debian/rules files should point to the dependencies present in your Debian release, and NUT should be able to build against those. There might be some discrepancies between the ./configure parameters (it's been a while since 2.0.4).

   http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/nut/

Another way is to use the build directory from your successful build, and use the "checkinstall" package to reproduce the 'make install' process. It monitors what the install process writes, then creates a .deb file from those files. I don't recall exactly how it handles dependencies, but I think you can manually list them as part of the checkinstall process.

   https://wiki.debian.org/CheckInstall

[Please remember to keep the list CC'd. I manually added a reply-to header, but people have expressed displeasure with that being done by the mailing list software, so it isn't done by default.]

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail