[Nut-upsuser] Resetting replace battery status on Pulsar 1500

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:29:40 UTC 2014

On May 27, 2014, at 9:59 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 28 May 2014, at 10:54, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 26, 2014, at 8:21 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>>
>>> However if I do either of the tests upscmd just reports 'OK' and nothing happens.
>>
>> Anything in syslog?
>
> Not that I can see :(
>
> What would log it?

The driver.

> I could try running the driver with debugging and see if that shows anything of interest.

That should help. Unfortunately for non-debug operation, it appears that most of the usbhid-ups instcmd messages are buried at debug level 3 or 5. That should probably be addressed when we increase the verbosity for OL/OB events. (Github issue #79) The syslog() level LOG_INFO should show up in most syslog configurations.

>> These commands should result in a self-test similar to the periodic one (the Evolution 500 does it every two weeks), but the "OK" from upscmd doesn't actually wait for the command to be executed.
>
> I think the new batteries will have been in for 2 weeks in a day or 2 so it will be interesting to see if anything changes.

Definitely let us know. It is certainly possible that we are not sending the battery test command correctly, or that something is preventing it from being sent.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail