[Nut-upsuser] Resetting replace battery status on Pulsar 1500

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu May 29 00:59:00 UTC 2014

On 28 May 2014, at 21:59, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would log it?
>
> The driver.

OK.

>> I could try running the driver with debugging and see if that shows anything of interest.
>
> That should help. Unfortunately for non-debug operation, it appears that most of the usbhid-ups instcmd messages are buried at debug level 3 or 5. That should probably be addressed when we increase the verbosity for OL/OB events. (Github issue #79) The syslog() level LOG_INFO should show up in most syslog configurations.

FYI is the mge-shut driver (over RS232)

I ran the driver at debug level 5 (ie sudo /usr/local/libexec/nut/mge-shut -a ups1 -D -D -D -D -D -u uucp |& tee /tmp/mge-shut.log) and issued the deep & quick battery test commands.

The log file is at http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/mge-shut.log

>>> These commands should result in a self-test similar to the periodic one (the Evolution 500 does it every two weeks), but the "OK" from upscmd doesn't actually wait for the command to be executed.
>>
>> I think the new batteries will have been in for 2 weeks in a day or 2 so it will be interesting to see if anything changes.
>
> Definitely let us know. It is certainly possible that we are not sending the battery test command correctly, or that something is preventing it from being sent.

OK, hopefully you can glean some intelligence from the log :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum