[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb disconnects

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 01:46:24 UTC 2014

On Nov 5, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Anders Herbjørnsen <anders.herbjornsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.1 with nut 2.7.1-1ubuntu1, using a Powerwalker/INNO TECH ups.
>
> It used to working fine, but lately blazer_usb just executes a few commands and then terminates with a "Got disconnected by another driver" message.
>
> Any suggestions?

When you say it used to be working fine, what changed since then?

Also, check for other processes which might try to open the UPS device nodes. You might have Upower running, or something else which is scanning for HID devices. If you tried another NUT driver, such as nutdrv_qx (which is scheduled to replace blazer_usb at some point in the future), you will need to make sure that is stopped.

I am in the middle of a serial UPS test on my Debian box at the moment, so I can't confirm that this will show up, but I think that you might be able to run "lsof -n" as root, and grep for "usb" or "hid".

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail