[Nut-upsuser] Master Works, Slave Does Not

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 22:29:10 UTC 2014

On Nov 8, 2014, at 1:52 PM, Steve Read <sd_read at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have made changes but it is still the same. That is when the server gets the lowbat/noAC signal it does shut down as expected but the slave does not.
>
> Perhaps it makes sense for me to list the present settings:
>
> On the Master:
>
>      nut.conf
>         MODE=netserver
>
>      ups.conf
>        [sdrups]
>            driver = genericups
>            port = /dev/ttyS1
>            desc = "For Server & Backup"
>            upstype=9
>
>      upsd.conf
>         LISTEN 0.0.0.0
>
>      upsd.users
>          [root]
>     	     password  = mypassword
> 	     upsmon master
> 	     instcmds = ALL
>
>      upsmon.conf
>         MONITOR root at 192.168.0.7 1 sdrups autocadba2 master

This looks good, except for the MONITOR line. Given the above settings, I think you need this:

MONITOR sdrups at 192.168.0.7 1 root mypassword master

> On the Slave:
>
>      nut.conf
>         MODE=netserver

MODE=netclient for the slave.

>      upsmon.conf
>         MONITOR root at 192.168.0.7 1 sdrups autocadba2 slave

Same username/password change as above:

MONITOR sdrups at 192.168.0.7 1 root mypassword slave

> Master: 192.168.0.7
> Slave:   192.168.0.6
>
> Dealing with the firewall I applied the following to both the master and slave:
>
>    sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3493 -j ACCEPT
>

> I have looked in the log files but have not seen anything to suggest a problem.

You should see something like this in /var/log/daemon.log:

upsmon[1234]: Communications with UPS sdrups at 192.168.0.7 established

And something like this from netstat on the slave:

$ netstat -t |grep -w nut
tcp        0      0 192.168.0.6:40925       192.168.0.7:nut  ESTABLISHED

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail