[Nut-upsuser] Belkin UPS, master netbook, slave MythTV server

Greg Vickers daehenoc at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 14 11:16:45 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've finally gotten around to setting up the netbook that controls my
UPS and I would like to make sure that I've got the metacode correct
before configuring nut :)

Here's what I've got:
Belkin UPS F6C120auUNV

  * Batteries recently replaced
  * On battery: 24 port switch, PoE AP, antenna power booster, ADSL
    modem, MythTV server, 19" monitor
  * On surge protection: Netbook (details below)
  * I would like the UPS to turn off at 20% battery capacity

Netbook with Debian 7.7.0,

  * Attached via USB to Belkin UPS
  * Battery in netbook lasts three hours, it will outlast the UPS by a
    fair way, so does not need UPS battery supply
  * 'master' where upsd runs
  * runs upsc, upsd, upsmon, upsc, nut-cgi, apache, nagios

MythTV server with Ubuntu 14.04

  * plugged into Belkin UPS
  * to be turned off within 5 minutes of loss of supply
  * to be turned back on after 15 minutes of return of supply (WOL?)
  * 2xSSD drives, 1x4Tb 3.5", 1x250Gb 2.5"
  * 'slave' system

I'm digging through the nut documentation now, I'm sure that I can
configure nut to do all of this... right?

Thanks,
Greg