[Nut-upsuser] how to install NUT on raspberry pi

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Oct 10 13:57:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014, flavio wrote:

> I follow all the instructions without problem.
> Now how can I test it?
> Ups is connected to raspberry by ups.
> I have an Ubuntu 14.04 client on my lan.

When you pull the UPS power cord from the wall to simulate a building
power failure, does the rasberry shut down?  Does the UPS unit then power
off?  Then, when you reconnect the UPS power cord to the wall, does the
rasberry pi power on?

Did the users receive warnings that the rasberry was about to shutdown?
Do the logs include a record of the UPS driven shutdown?

Roger