[Nut-upsuser] Smart-UPS RT 3000 XL: very old or unknown APC model, support will be limited

David Gessel gessel at blackrosetech.com
Sun Oct 19 23:05:46 UTC 2014

I have a Smart-UPS RT 3000 XL connected via serial cable to TrueNAS TrueNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (002022c) which runs on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3.

When I start the NUT service, I get the message:

Oct 20 01:53:50 truenas notifier: very old or unknown APC model, support will be limited

Which I interpret as an indicator of less than optimal operating mode.  I suspect that the model identifier is not listed, though the model is likely pretty much a standard Smart-UPS.

[root at truenas ~]# upsc ups
battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 218.1
device.mfr: APC