[Nut-upsuser] Emerson/Liebert GXT3

Marcelo Fernandez marcelo.fidel.fernandez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 21:08:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've bought a Liebert GXT3 UPS and I'm trying to use it with nut. I'm
using Ubuntu 14.04, but I'm having troubles (similar to this thread
[1]) using the standard "nut" package from the Ubuntu repositories.

After some more searching, I've found this very recent thread in this
list ("Return on experience with an Emerson/Liebert GXT3" [2]), and
from my humble understanding, you finally pushed some upstream changes
in the end which should made this UPS to work.

I'm a newbie using nut, but not so cloning a repository and compiling
software. Is there something that I have to take into account to make
this UPS to work from upstream?

After building and installing into /usr/local [3], should I edit
/etc/nut/ups.conf like this:

user=nut
[liebert]
        driver=usbhid-ups
        port=/dev/usb/hiddev0
        productid=0008

... and it will work? Because reading this thread, I didn't understand
if from now on this UPS should work from upstream. :-)

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2013-February/008258.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2014-October/009239.html
[3] http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s05.html#Installing_source

Thank you for your comments.