[Nut-upsuser] howto force shutdown if nut-snmp Communications lost

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 02:51:54 UTC 2014

On Sep 3, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Heiko L. <HL at fh-lausitz.de> wrote:

> Howto force shutdown if nut-snmp Communications lost?
>
> My 1. suggestion was option DEADTIME, but seem to be information only. (s. below)

DEADTIME expiration is a critical condition if the UPS is on battery when comms are lost, otherwise you are correct, it is only informative.

What about a NOTIFYCMD script that checks for COMMBAD or NOCOMM? (passed in $NOTIFYTYPE) You will also need to set the EXEC flag on that event.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail