[Nut-upsuser] How do I disable messages from upsmon?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 02:19:42 UTC 2014

On Sep 11, 2014, at 10:38 AM, Rob Groner <rgroner at RTD.com> wrote:

> I’m still getting the onbattery,  online, comm good, comm bad, etc  system messages.  Clearly there is some default behavior going on.  How do I keep these system messages from happening?

From http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsmon.conf.html:

"NOTIFYFLAG type flag[+flag][+flag]…
By default, upsmon sends walls global messages to all logged in users) via /bin/wall and writes to the syslog when things happen. You can change this."

To suppress just the on-battery/online messages:

NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE IGNORE
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT IGNORE

The full list is just above NOTIFYFLAG in the upsmon.conf documentation.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail