[Nut-upsuser] Nut 2.7.2 on OpenBSD 5.6 with APC USB UPS

Stan Gammons sg063015 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:26:44 UTC 2014

On Sep 19, 2014 5:55 AM, "Charles Lepple" <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2014, at 10:09 PM, Stan Gammons <sg063015 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 09/17/14 22:31, Charles Lepple wrote:
> >> Can you rebuild the libusb1 pkg as a port, with the DEBUG flag turned
on?

> > Is --enable-debug the way one turns it on?  I modified the Makefile as
shown below, then did a make and make install.

> I am not sure how to tell OpenBSD to use that ".ifdef DEBUG" section. I
think FreeBSD would let you set a DEBUG checkbox when you run "make
config", but that doesn't seem to work.

> In any event, it looks like the right option is the existing
"--enable-debug-log" flag. The path of least resistance is probably to add
it to the first CONFIGURE_ARGS, after ${CONFIGURE_SHARED}:

> CONFIGURE_ARGS += ${CONFIGURE_SHARED} --enable-debug-log
>
> --
> Charles Lepple
> clepple at gmail

--enable-debug-log was in the original makefile.  I added --enable-debug.
At this point I guess trying to build from source or go back to OpenBSD 5.5
are the only options left.

Thanks for all the help.

Stan