[Nut-upsuser] TRIPPLITE OMNIVSINT80 Compatibility

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:18:57 UTC 2014

On Sep 26, 2014, at 8:31 AM, Dave Williams <dave at opensourcesolutions.co.uk> wrote:

> On 08:09, Fri 26 Sep 14, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> Well, I ended up linking to the latest version of those files, so this shows the change better:
>>
>> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/commit/f61edb5161de97944074867832edc014323340b1
>>
>> Still a magic constant, but now it has the nominal voltage factored in.
> Just building your latest code now. Which commit is this in (just to check
> I have it?)

The commit listed above (f61eadb5) includes the scaling, and it is on master (currently 4b753dc7). If upsc shows "driver.version.internal: 0.28" or 0.29, you have it all installed correctly.

>> I can change it back to 230V - I was going off of the x2 factor you mentioned. Either way works for me.
> OK lets just make sure we are answering the right question. The
> general/specified UK/European voltage is 230V but the UPS is generating
> 240v. What is input.nominal.voltage meant to mean in the context of what
> the UPS (and upsc) reports?

As a machine-parseable number, it's meant to be a hint to graphing software. (The NUT CGI scripts use it to define the various color bars for normal, high and low voltages.)

> My guess its what it would expect to see so you can relate input.voltage
> to it. In that respect its 230V for the territory the model is sold into
> even though Tripp lite are selling it as a 240V model. Either way the
> differentiation only has to deal with 2x0V versus 110V and so unlikely
> to be the source of any confusion.

In that case, I'm inclined to change it back to 230V before the next release, since we don't have any more accurate information as to what the 'V' digits really mean.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail