[Nut-upsuser] TRIPPLITE OMNIVSINT80 Compatibility

Dave Williams dave at opensourcesolutions.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 22:10:41 UTC 2014

On 09:18, Fri 26 Sep 14, Charles Lepple wrote:
> The commit listed above (f61eadb5) includes the scaling, and it is on master (currently 4b753dc7). If upsc shows "driver.version.internal: 0.28" or 0.29, you have it all installed correctly.

Now looks improved (compiled from commit 4b753dc7 src):

battery.charge: 100
battery.voltage: 14.50
battery.voltage.nominal: 12
device.mfr: Tripp Lite
device.model: OMNIVSINT800
device.type: ups
driver.name: tripplite_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.7.2-signed-89-g4b753dc
driver.version.internal: 0.29
input.voltage: 251.93
input.voltage.nominal: 240
output.voltage: 226.0
ups.debug.load_banks: 0
ups.debug.V: 32 30 32 58 58 58 0d '202XXX.'
ups.delay.shutdown: 64
ups.firmware: F1145.A
ups.firmware.aux: protocol 1001
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: OMNIVSINT800
ups.power.nominal: 800
ups.productid: 0001
ups.status: OL
ups.vendorid: 09ae

Measuring the real voltages shows input.voltage is reading high by 2%
and output.voltage low by 6.5% (real voltage is 243.8V and output 244.2V atm).
The measurements reported by the UPS seem to vary quite markedly
between invocations of upsc so I can only assume the A/D used has only a few
bits resolution or the sample window is small.  On bypass input.voltage
should = output.voltage of course.

> > My guess its what it would expect to see so you can relate input.voltage
> > to it. In that respect its 230V for the territory the model is sold into
> > even though Tripp lite are selling it as a 240V model. Either way the
> > differentiation only has to deal with 2x0V versus 110V and so unlikely
> > to be the source of any confusion.
>
> In that case, I'm inclined to change it back to 230V before the next release, since we don't have any more accurate information as to what the 'V' digits really mean.
I agree!

Dave