[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite USB constantlly disconnecting.

Shade Alabsa shade34321 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:33:21 UTC 2014

Charles,

    > If you run lsusb several times, does it still work? The exact
output of lsusb isn't as important as whether anything gets logged by
the kernel. Running lsusb shouldn't cause any extra kernel messages
such as the         disconnection/reconnection messages shown here:

    Running lsusb seveeral times works just fine and no disconnects
are observed.

    > This doesn't seem to match the source code, which tries to claim
the interface up to three times, and if it doesn't work, it exits with
a fatal error. Your logs show the same PID for usbhid-ups, so it
apparently didn't exit. I am wondering if I am looking at the same
code as what is built on your system. Do you have the exact version
for the RPM files, or better yet, the corresponding SRPMs?

    For this testing we actually just have whatever comes installed
via yum on CentOS 6.5 in the EPEL I believe. Throughout this process I
can successfully run upsc to obtain the UPS system for a while,
roughly 24 hours before it starts reporting as stale and is no longer
accessible. Maybe I forgot to mention that, if so I'm sorry. Below is
the output of yum as I'm installing it from yum.

    ===================================================================================================================
    Package                      Arch                     Version
                  Repository              Size
    Installing:
     nut                          x86_64                   2.6.5-2.el6
                   epel                   1.2 M
     nut-client                   x86_64                   2.6.5-2.el6
                   epel                   121 k

Thanks for all of your help!

Shade