[Nut-upsuser] nutdrv_qx hangs after send: QS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 02:10:55 UTC 2015

On Apr 4, 2015, at 9:48 PM, Richard Flint <richard.flint at gmail.com> wrote:

> Again, apologies for my ignorance - are you suggesting that if the NUT application was built against openusb this would probably be fixed?

Yes, that is my current theory. It's a little complicated in practice - openusb has a different API than libusb-0.1.x, but it supposedly includes a compatibility layer.

If openusb works, I would not expect it to wait for more than 1 or 5 seconds when reading the reply.

> If so I'm happy to give this a try - any idea how can I tell NUT to build against openusb instead of libusb?

Not sure exactly, but to be safe, I'd make an extra backup of wherever libusb is installed - my concern is that other things might be using libusb, and openusb could interfere. Ideally, openusb is a strict superset of libusb, but I haven't used it myself.

openusb does seem to use the same library name as libusb, so if libusb was installed by a package, you might want to uninstall libusb first to avoid conflicts.

NUT uses either the generic pkg-config tool or a libusb-config binary to find the USB library. openusb seems to install an openusb-config file which could be symlinked to libusb-config in /usr/local/bin (once the original libusb package is out of the way). At that point, you can re-run the NUT ./configure script, and it should list the openusb version number (1.1.11?) instead of 0.1.7.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail