[Nut-upsuser] [Nut-upsdev] Small patch to scale the values for TRIPP-LITE SMART*LCDT's (please test)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:42:56 UTC 2015

On Aug 15, 2015, at 3:15 AM, Marco Walther <marco at sonic.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just decided to fix some scaling issues for my UPS (TRIPP-LITE SMART1500LCDT). Apparently that issue existed for some time (and I knew about it as well:-()
>
> See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6482 for a thread.
>
> My little patch is attached (against 2.7.3). It seems to be working better for me but I don't have any other TRIPP-LITE's to test that I did not break anything:-( So, please check it!

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the patch. I'm switching this to the nut-upsuser list to get a wider audience for testing.

In case others run across this problem, could you please send the output of "upsc" for your UPS, and also the output of "lsusb -vvv -d 09ae:"? If you want to mask out part of the serial number, it is listed in "ups.serial" (and "device.serial") but the more information you can leave, the better we can identify any patterns.

If there is firmware version information in the USB descriptors, we might want to limit the scaling to certain versions.

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail