[Nut-upsuser] Server not shutting down before power loss

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Dec 29 17:26:47 UTC 2015

> HI thanks for replying and helping.
>
> I've now ran the UPS down a few times from full charge to test and I don't
> think it's the batteries or a problem with the UPS itself. I can watch it
> go from 100% right down to 1% over 20 minutes etc and then the power gets
> so low that everything just powers off!
>
> I think it's down to Nut not actually shutting down my server that is my
> problem... The battery on the UPS seems to hold plenty long enough from a
> full charge, giving lots of time for a shutdown. How can I get the shutdown
> to occur early, say when the battery is 50% to play it safe and just test
> and make sure that nut is even sending a command to shutdown and why it
> isn't happening?
>
> You'll have to excuse me as I've not used nut before, but I'm sure it's an
> Ubuntu or nut config problem here and that the shutdown sequence isn't
> happening and not my UPS...
>
> Thanks once again for any help to get this working. It would be fantastic
> if it would just shutdown early on LOWBATT rather than waiting until the
> very last minute and me not knowing it's going to make it or the shutdown
> not evening happening!
>
> On 29 December 2015 at 00:38, Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:

OK, as battery is good,; I guess you'r right, hunt for a missing
permission somewhere, lack of an SUID zero (root) on install of
shutdown script, or lack of /usr/local/bin in path ? something of
that nature.

I'll bow out out, & leave answering to list members more proficient
with Nut than me (I'm FreeBSD based, & not configured Nut lately &
I've a swamped To Do list).

Good luck.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey,  BSD Linux Unix Sys. Eng. Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply After previous text to preserve context, as in a play script.