[Nut-upsuser] Start up script fails [/etc/killpower]

Melvin Call melvincall979 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:44:18 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2015, at 7:04 AM, Melvin Call <melvincall979 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Charles, for the assistance and the information. Everything is
>> completely functional here now. Not sure if the APC BackUPS ES550 is on the
>> list of compatible devices, but it works just fine with the usbhid-ups driver,
>> and supports several basic commands.
>
> You're welcome! We do have a report for the ES550, but it's for an older version of NUT (2.2.0), and it doesn't list the supported commands:
>
> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayman/docs/latest/ddl/APC/Back-UPS_ES_550.html
>
> If you would like, we can add the output of 'upsc' and 'upscmd -l' for your UPS. (Feel free to mask off the serial number from the upsc output.)

Apologies for the delay, and glad to provide the output. Let me know
if there is anything else I can do as well.

upsc apc_es550 at localhost
------------------------
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: not set
battery.mfr.date: 2010/12/15
battery.runtime: 1605
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.6
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: APC
device.model: Back-UPS ES 550
device.serial: xxxxxxxxxxxx
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.6.4
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.37
input.sensitivity: medium
input.transfer.high: 139
input.transfer.low: 92
input.transfer.reason: input voltage out of range
input.voltage: 123.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.firmware: 843.K2 .D
ups.firmware.aux: K2
ups.load: 6
ups.mfr: APC
ups.mfr.date: 2010/12/15
ups.model: Back-UPS ES 550
ups.productid: 0002
ups.serial: xxxxxxxxxxxx
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.vendorid: 051d

upscmd -l apc_es550 at localhost
-----------------------------
beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
shutdown.reboot - Shut down the load briefly while rebooting the UPS
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
test.panel.start - Start testing the UPS panel
test.panel.stop - Stop a UPS panel test