[Nut-upsuser] Install problems (group permissions) with nut 2.7.2

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 01:09:32 UTC 2015

On Feb 25, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Rob Groner <rgroner at RTD.com> wrote:

> The quickest way to get my UPS running with nut (as the current release exists) is to either:
>
> 1)      Add my vendor and device ID to the openups_usb_device_table  OR
> 2)      Create my own driver file, and then add that driver to the usbhid-ups subdriver_list
>
> And then recompile/install.

Correct.

For posterity, here's the discussion thread from last March: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6669

I may not have been clear then, but the changes to the driver/*.c files will definitely require a recompile/install of at least the usbhid-ups driver.

If you are looking for something more turnkey, you may want to consider building packages for a few of the common distributions. It has been on my TODO list for some time to gather the instructions on how to do this from all of the various mailing list posts, but the information is out there.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail