[Nut-upsuser] Data stale error after short while

Mike Raath raathm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:43:34 UTC 2015

Hi Charles, and thanks for your suggestion.

I tried the nutdrv_qx and moved the rules file like you said, and
re-attached the USB. It picked up to begin with, but within 10 minutes it
lost the device again.

$ sudo upsdrvctl start

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.1

Network UPS Tools - Generic Q* USB/Serial driver 0.01 (2.7.1)

USB communication driver 0.32

Using protocol: Megatec 0.01

No values for battery high/low voltages

Using 'guesstimation' (low: 10.400000, high: 13.000000)!

Battery runtime will not be calculated (runtimecal not set)

After reboot:

$ upsc apollo-ups at localhost

Init SSL without certificate database

battery.charge: 100

battery.voltage: 13.50

battery.voltage.high: 13.00

battery.voltage.low: 10.40

battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0

device.type: ups

driver.name: nutdrv_qx

driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30

driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2

driver.parameter.port: auto

driver.version: 2.7.1

driver.version.data: Megatec 0.01

driver.version.internal: 0.01

input.current.nominal: 3.0

input.frequency: 50.0
(etc)

Then roughly 10 minutes later

Broadcast Message from nut at ubun

        (somewhere) at 21:35 ...

Communications with UPS apollo-ups at localhost lost

$ upsc apollo-ups at localhost

Init SSL without certificate database

Error: Data stale

Not sure what other logs I can provide to try to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
Mike