[Nut-upsuser] Data stale error after short while

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:04:35 UTC 2015

On Jan 2, 2015, at 1:07 PM, Mike Raath <raathm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I built a single VM to monitor the UPS (Ubuntu Server 14.04 i386) and installed NUT on the box from the apt packages. I set it up as per the previous box with the blazer_usb driver and all goes well, for a while. Initially, the UPS reports correctly via upsc, but after a while I get the "Data stale" error, and the box is no longer recognised.

This same UPS? http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=CA%2b%3d8wNMxFBYkT75aw2jePfA%2bLaKuNXuvDKvYG3t9B8D%2bChPwfQ%40mail.gmail.com

It looks like Ubuntu 14.04 has NUT 2.7.1, so the nutdrv_qx driver is available. It is a replacement for the blazer_* drivers, and should be a superset of the blazer_usb functionality. I would recommend switching, as there shouldn't be many changes necessary: http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/nutdrv_qx.html#_notes_for_the_previous_user_of_blazer_drivers

It also looks like the Ubuntu 14.04 package still is affected by a udev-related bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut/+bug/1099947/comments/4 If you rename the 52-nut-usbups.rules file to 62-nut-usbups.rules as indicated in that URL, and unplug and re-plug in the USB cable (or run "udevadm trigger -- subsystem-match=usb"), subsequent driver runs should find the USB device.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail