[Nut-upsuser] ups does not reboot itself

dmanye dmanye at urv.cat
Thu Jul 16 13:21:23 UTC 2015

El 16/07/15 a les 14:16, Charles Lepple ha escrit:
> On Jul 16, 2015, at 5:09 AM, dmanye <dmanye at urv.cat> wrote:
>
>> surprisingly, now both computers made the ups reboot !?!?!?!? so i've tried once more and confirmed that while forcing the reboot works, the computer itself does not reboot the ups when the battery is too low.
> I think you figured it out:
no, i didn't figure out: it's just my poor english. for "the battery is
too low" i meant when the computer "decides" to start the shutdown process.
>   the UPS probably has another low-battery threshold, below which it will not start back up until it charges some more. If the UPS shuts down at 10%, and the power comes back briefly, there would be a period of time where the computer is powered, but NUT hasn't started.
>
> Usually, this is shown as the "battery.charge.restart" variable, but  I have a feeling that this is one of the APC Smart-UPS models that has a lot more settings available via other protocols.
>
> Here is some more background info:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6749
>
> What does 'lsusb -d 051d: -vvv' return?
i attached lsusb-051d.gz

at least, now i know the computer is able to force the ups to reboot.
tomorrow i'll try to discover why it refuses to do so.

thanks.