[Nut-upsuser] iMAC does not shutdown

Simone Severini severini.simone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:45:27 UTC 2015

Hi everybody!
It has been a journey but I almost manage to make my UPS properly
communicate.

This is the config:

UPS Mecer/Mustek 2000 VA connected via USB with blazer_usb driver.
MASTER Raspberry PI-1
SLAVE Raspberry PI-2
SLAVE iMac OSX 10.10.3

I can get access to the UPS from any of the three devices successfully.

Problems:
1. When I launch /usr/local/ups/sbin/upsmon -c fed for testing I see Rasp-2
Slave going down, Rasp-1 going down, iMac completely ignoring and not
receiving any broadcast message on the terminal then brutally killed as the
UPS auto shutdown.

2. When I have done a live test, the Master Rasp never intercepted any FLAG
from UPS and UPS just died but halting just RASP-1 properly (connected via
cable). iMac ignored the whole procedure.

3. Is there any way to intercept which type of flag message my UPS sends
(log files) to upsmon?

4. I need to halt manually a linux based NAS via SSH. What is the best way
(upsched or a script that parses battery.charge and takes decision
independently from NUT).

Thanks
Simone