[Nut-upsuser] Call for testing: usbhid-ups and working interrupt pipe

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 01:51:34 UTC 2015

All,

I'm looking for a few more testers for a branch that fixes a specific issue with Tripp Lite USB HID UPSes, and I am trying to ensure that I didn't break anything else in the process.

As the subject mentions, this is for users of usbhid-ups. Also, if you need to use the 'pollonly' flag in ups.conf, or if you have a 5G APC (051d:0003), then you won't reach any of this code.

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/213

Diffs: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/compare/usbhid_ups_input_vs_feature

Snapshot: http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayman/snapshot/usbhid_ups_input_vs_feature/rcca4d8a61cae78a3dbee8bdc271865562d52f630-371/nut-2.7.3.1.tar.gz

When you rebuild, you should see "Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.40", and all of the variables should look normal. If values do not appear to be updating as before, we need to investigate further. Reports of success are also appreciated.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail