[Nut-upsuser] nutdrv_atcl_usb

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:28:26 UTC 2015

> On Nov 8, 2014, at 7:01 PM, hyouko at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Since this UPS seems to be supported by UPSmart2000I, it could use a
>> serial-over-usb implementation of the megatec protocol.
>
> Dan, that is a good point - I had not considered it. I assume companies will copy bogus product IDs, but the use of the exact same USB string descriptor is odd.
>
> Did you have a chance to compare the rest of the lsusb output that Jani sent earlier in this thread? If it matches, then maybe the "ATCL FOR USB" string comes from some generic USB-to-serial adapter chip.

Ops, sorry - I didn't notice your reply before.
I only have the following thing

kernel: usb 8-2: new low-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
kernel: usb 8-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0001, idProduct=0000
kernel: usb 8-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=1, SerialNumber=1
kernel: usb 8-2: Product: ATCL FOR UPS
kernel: usb 8-2: Manufacturer: ATCL FOR UPS
kernel: usb 8-2: SerialNumber: ATCL FOR UPS
kernel: usb 8-2: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 64 microframes, ep
desc says 80 microframes
kernel: usb 8-2: ep 0x2 - rounding interval to 64 microframes, ep desc
says 80 microframes
kernel: hid-generic 0003:0001:0000.0002: hiddev0,hidraw1: USB HID
v1.11 Device [ATCL FOR UPS ATCL FOR UPS] on usb-0000:03:00.0-2/input0

and the attached capture.