[Nut-upsuser] building from git (was Re: Install problems (group permissions) with nut 2.7.2)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:50:57 UTC 2015

On Mar 10, 2015, at 8:38 AM, Rob Groner <rgroner at RTD.com> wrote:

> How do I get the version that you suggest I start from?  git clone?

Yes.

Once you have your changes added in to your local git repository, you can try making a tarball with 'make dist'.

>  Or do I just change the .tar file I have with what you linked (changes the 52-* file to 62-*)

It would be a change to some of the Makefiles, but I don't remember off the top of my head all of the locations that would need to be changed. Building the latest version from git avoids this, since that patch is already incorporated.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail