[Nut-upsuser] nutdrv_atcl_usb

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:44:15 UTC 2015

mmh.. it looks like someone forgot to hit 'reply all'.

- relaying the originally attached files (gzipped, minus the two
screenshots, to keep size down).

> [...]
> #apt-get install libusb-dev
>
> #./configure --without-ssl --with-usb --with-user=nut --with-group=nut
> #make
> #make install
>

> #lsusb -vvv -d 0001:0000
>
> (see attached lsusb.log)
>

> Content of ups.conf:
>
> [ups]
> driver=nutdrv_qx
> protocol=megatec
> subdriver=fuji
> port=auto
> vendorid=0001
> productid=0000
>

> #/usr/local/ups/bin$ sudo ./nutdrv_qx -a ups -DDDDD
> (see attached log.log)
> - I have tried to pull the plug
> - reinsert / reconnect it (220V)
> - poweroff the UPS (by button)
> - and power on (by button)
>
> #/usr/local/ups/sbin$ sudo ./upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2.5
> Network UPS Tools - Generic Q* USB/Serial driver 0.13 (2.7.2.5)
> USB communication driver 0.32
> Using protocol: Megatec 0.02
> No values for battery high/low voltages
> Using 'guesstimation' (low: 31.200000, high: 39.000000)!
> Battery runtime will not be calculated (runtimecal not set)
>
> # /usr/local/ups/sbin$ sudo ./upsd
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.7.2.5
> fopen /var/state/ups/upsd.pid: No such file or directory
> listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
> Connected to UPS [ups]: nutdrv_qx-ups
>

> NUT monitor (GUI):
> see screenshot3.png
> and screenshot4.png
> I have tested (and it worked like a charm):
> - beeper.toggle
> - test.battery.start
> - test.battery.stop
>
> THANKS TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE

> Originally my planes were to install NUT on a router (DD-WRT/Tomato) or on
> QNAP NAS (ARM arch.) but packages for these devices are too old and I don't
> know (so far) anything about compiling on/for these devices.
> My next logical step was to install Debian Virtual Machine on ESX server and
> compile NUT on it.
> But, this setup suddenly didn't worked, I blame ESX USB passthrought, or
> maybe I'm missing something else... Who knows... :)
>
> See nutdrv_qx_5xD.txt (commands: ./nutdrv_qx -a ups -DDDDD and ./nutdrv_qx
> -a ups -DDDDD -u root)
> or debianVM.txt (command: lsusb)
> if you are interested...
> It look similar to this:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/8970
>

> BR
>
> Jakub
>

> On 09.03.2015 16:27, hyouko at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Nice!
>> By the way, to avoid the initial protocol autodetection procedure and
>> to speed up the startup, you should set 'protocol=megatec'.
>> Do the various instant commands seem to work? Can you test them all
>> and report back the logs (a debug level of 5 should be enough)?
>> Also, what's the output of 'lsusb -vvv -d 0001:0000' (as root)?

So far, so good!
However, I need a little more testing before I can merge this into master.

If possible, I'd like you to test and report back the logs (still with
a debug level of 5) of:
- shutdown.stayoff with ups.delay.shutdown set to 30 seconds;
- shutdown.stayoff with ups.delay.shutdown set to 60 seconds;
- shutdown.return with ups.delay.shutdown set to 30 seconds and
ups.delay.start set to 60 seconds;
- shutdown.return with ups.delay.shutdown set to 30 seconds and
ups.delay.start set to 0 seconds;
- shutdown.return with ups.delay.shutdown set to 60 seconds and
ups.delay.start set to 60 seconds;
- shutdown.return with ups.delay.shutdown set to 60 seconds and
ups.delay.start set to 0 seconds;
- shutdown.stop executed after one of the previous commands (while
ups.delay.shutdown elapses);
- load.on executed after one of the previous shutdowns (after a
successful shutdown.stayoff or while ups.delay.start elapses);
- load.off and then load.on.

Thanks in advance for your patience.