[Nut-upsuser] Are UPS shutdown commands automatically sent?

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Thu May 21 19:15:57 UTC 2015

I'm testing that my system will shutdown when the UPS has been on battery for 10 seconds.  That all works fine....10 seconds after pulling the plug, my system does shut down.  However, I am not getting the commands into the UPS telling it to power off and then power on.  I had thought I read somewhere that these commands are sent automatically when "upsmon -c fsd" happens...but I can't find that, nor can I find any clear instructions on where I would put the commands to tell the UPS to start its shutdown and restart timers.

Sincerely,
Robert G. Groner
Software Engineer

RTD Embedded Technologies, Inc.