[Nut-upsuser] Random data stale error

Humberto Möckel hamberthm at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:34:46 UTC 2015

Hello, after some time monitoring my installation to see how its working, I
found that some ramdom times, like one or two days in a week, the driver
fails to start and upsmon keeps registering a "data stale" error on
Windows' event log.

I've set the NUT service to "delayed start" to see if it was a driver
conflict on the system start rush, but it keeps doing it anyways.

¿How can I know what's happening? ¿Can I, in some way, config NUT to
shutdown the daemon and driver and restart them when data stales?

Windows 8
Using last port of NUT for Windows
Generic Megatec protocol UPS over USB (USB-to-Serial converter built in)
Blazer USB driver

Thanks!