[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS ES 650 connected to a Synology DS411slim

Daniel Green ddgreen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 20:52:36 UTC 2015

All,

I recently connected my UPS to my NAS. The NAS detected the UPS, and I
checked the "Enable network UPS server" option and added relevant IPs to
the "Permitted DiskStation devices" option. The NAS is running DSM 5.2-5592
Update 4, with a NUT version of SDS5-2-2015Q1branch-5579-15061. I then
attempted to connect my desktop via SNMP. My desktop is running Arch Linux,
with a NUT version of 2.7.3. I seem to be able to connect to the NAS, but
snmp-ups errors out with the following message:

No matching MIB found for sysOID '.1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10'!
Please report it to NUT developers, with an 'upsc' output for your device.
Going back to the classic MIB detection method.
No supported device detected

Here is the output of upsc on the NAS:

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.date: not set
battery.mfr.date: 2004/11/16
battery.runtime: 1170
battery.runtime.low: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.4
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: APC
device.model: Back-UPS ES 650
device.serial: QB0447141575
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 5
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: SDS5-2-2015Q1branch-5579-150611
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.95
driver.version.internal: 0.38
input.sensitivity: high
input.transfer.high: 138
input.transfer.low: 88
input.voltage: 118.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.firmware: 818.w1.D
ups.firmware.aux: w1
ups.load: 8
ups.mfr: APC
ups.mfr.date: 2004/11/16
ups.model: Back-UPS ES 650
ups.productid: 0002
ups.serial: QB0447141575
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.vendorid: 051d

I've even extracted the contents of the attached zip file (from Synology's
web site) into /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.

Using the exact same configuration options, I can successfully connect from
Windows XP using WinNUT 2.0.0.4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan