[Nut-upsuser] No power cycle after shutdown on Atlantis Land OnePower A03-S1001

Davide Baldini baldiniebaldini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 13:51:39 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 12:18 PM, Roger Price wrote:

> Is there any command in the list provided by "upscmd -l myups" which is accepted
> by this UPS?

None of the command sin the list successfully completes, not even beeper.toggle.
My list:

   # upscmd -l myups
   Instant commands supported on UPS [myups]:

   beeper.toggle - Toggle the UPS beeper
   load.off - Turn off the load immediately
   load.on - Turn on the load immediately
   shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
   shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
   shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
   test.battery.start - Start a battery test
   test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
   test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
   test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

I added -q and -D to /etc/nut/ups.conf, as:

   [myups]
     driver = nutdrv_qx -D -q
     port = auto

I couldn't find more info on where to append driver parameters, not sure if
that's the correct way. After that, I restarted nut with:

   # service nut-server restart
   # service nut-client restart

Now, issuing any command, such as

   upscmd -u admin -p mypass myups load.off

returns "OK" on console, but /var/log/syslog logs:

   Oct 14 15:30:52 debianBunker upsd[2976]: Instant command: admin at 127.0.0.1 did
load.off on myups
   Oct 14 15:30:52 debianBunker nutdrv_qx[2951]: instcmd(load.off, [NULL])
   Oct 14 15:30:52 debianBunker nutdrv_qx[2951]: instcmd: FAILED

-- Davide