[Nut-upsuser] No power cycle after shutdown on Atlantis Land OnePower A03-S1001

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Oct 14 16:11:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Davide Baldini wrote:

>> Is there any command in the list provided by "upscmd -l myups" which is
>> accepted by this UPS?
>
> None of the command sin the list successfully completes, not even
> beeper.toggle.

It looks as if the problem is more general than turning off the UPS. The
command mechanism is broken.

> I added -q and -D to /etc/nut/ups.conf, as:
>
>  [myups]
>    driver = nutdrv_qx -D -q
>    port = auto
>
> I couldn't find more info on where to append driver parameters, not sure if
> that's the correct way. After that, I restarted nut with:
>
>  # service nut-server restart
>  # service nut-client restart

My naive reading of function conf_args in common/upsconf.c is that only
the form driver = something is seen, any additional parameters are
ignored.

I'm not sure how to add a debugging option to a "service" call in
Debian.  Is /etc/init.d/nut-client a Bash/Dash script?  Is it possible to
add the option to the call of the driver in this script?

Roger