[Nut-upsuser] No power cycle after shutdown on Atlantis Land OnePower A03-S1001

Davide Baldini baldiniebaldini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:25:07 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 06:11 PM, Roger Price wrote:

> Is /etc/init.d/nut-client a Bash/Dash script?  Is it possible to add the option to
> the call of the driver in this script?

Looks like some options can be passed: /etc/init.d/nut-client is a dash script
and when it is started or restarted, it executes:

   start-stop-daemon -S -q -p $upsmon_pid -x $upsmon \
     -- $UPSMON_OPTIONS >/dev/null 2>&1 && return 0 || return 1

or simply, it runs

   $upsmon -- $UPSMON_OPTIONS

as a daemon, with these vars defined in the head of the script:

   $upsmon = "/sbin/upsmon"
   $UPSMON_OPTIONS = ""

$UPSMON_OPTIONS is set empty in the head of the script, and never ever assigned
to. So I alter the script to set it:

   UPSMON_OPTIONS="-q -D"

then restart nut-server and nut-client. While restarting, they don't complain
about these new parameters, and just log

   Communications with UPS myups at localhost established

into /var/log/syslog.

Then, nothing is different; issuing commands yields to the same exact results as
before, and syslog contains no additional details at all.
I guess that was not the right place where to append these debug parameters I
also suspect the nut driver (nutdrv_qx) might not be the correct one for my ups.

-- Davide