[Nut-upsuser] Assistance with understanding how to setup NUT for our small server room

Charles Mccrea charlesmccrea at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:47:40 UTC 2015

Hello,

We have a small server room for our various Proxmox Host Servers, UTM
system and managed switches.   I've recently discovered NUT and would like
to use it to monitor our UPS boxes using Raspberry Pi's.  I have a few
questions regarding the setup and I'm hoping this community can point me in
the right direction.

I'll be installing the latest version of NUT on each Raspberry Pi's
(running either Debian or Raspbian).

   - Should I use one Raspberry Pi per UPS or can a Raspberry Pi monitor
   more than one UPS at a time.
   - For each Raspberry Pi, is there a webpage I can serve up to view the
   status of that battery backup?
   - I have 11 battery backups to monitor in our server room.  Is there a
   dashboard or a way to view all battery backups from one location or even
   better a webpage?
   - If a central location can't be served up then I am planning on using
   Zabbix in our server room.  Would Zabbix be able to receive the details
   from each Raspberry Pi NUT server for this dashboard?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide to me.