[Nut-upsuser] The system doesn't shutdown

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Tue Oct 27 21:17:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015, George Anchev wrote:

> Yes, that was the power off test. However the upssched-cmd script gave
> absolutely no signs of activity. Even it's logger lines don't show up in
> journalctl. No any permission error messages - nothing. Only the 2
> messages from upsmon - on battery and then on line power.
>
> Here is the nut-report:
> http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/518300/NUT.report

Hi George, Thanks for the report.  I think the problem may be in your
upsmon.conf.  Could you try adding "+EXEC" to the NOTIFYFLAG declarations.
These will then activate the NOTIFYCMD declaration which should cause
upssched to get called.   Roger

         ########### /etc/ups/upsmon.conf ###########
RUN_AS_USER upsd
MONITOR myups at localhost 1 upsmaster ********* master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "logger -t upsmon.conf \"SHUTDOWNCMD calling /sbin/shutdown to shut down system\" ; /sbin/shutdown -h +0"
NOTIFYCMD /usr/sbin/upssched
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/ups/killpower
NOTIFYMSG ONLINE	"UPS %s on line power"
NOTIFYMSG ONBATT	"UPS %s on battery"
NOTIFYMSG LOWBATT	"UPS %s battery is low"
NOTIFYMSG FSD		"UPS %s: forced shutdown in progress"
NOTIFYMSG COMMOK	"Communications with UPS %s established"
NOTIFYMSG COMMBAD	"Communications with UPS %s lost"
NOTIFYMSG SHUTDOWN	"Auto logout and shutdown proceeding"
NOTIFYMSG REPLBATT	"UPS %s battery needs to be replaced"
NOTIFYMSG NOCOMM	"UPS %s is unavailable"
NOTIFYMSG NOPARENT	"upsmon parent process died - shutdown impossible"
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE	SYSLOG+WALL   <== add +EXEC to this line
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG FSD	SYSLOG+WALL           ...
NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM	SYSLOG+WALL   ...
NOTIFYFLAG NOPARENT	SYSLOG+WALL   up to this line
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 5