[Nut-upsuser] NUT UPS in check_mk (OMD) monitoring - does a parser script already exist?

Charles Mccrea charlesmccrea at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:59:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

When I issue upsdrvctl status I see a NUT version 2.6.4.
I've installed NUT via apt-get install nut-server on the my Raspberry Pi
running Debian Jessie.

I've been looking at different monitoring systems to use.  I really like
the look of Open Monitoring Distribution (OMD).  OMD bundles Nagios
together with many addons including check_mk.  I've installed the check_mk
agent on my Raspberry Pi so the Pi can talk to the OMD monitoring system.

Unfortunately the check_mk agent that runs on my raspberry pi isn't picking
up the details from NUT so my monitoring system is only displaying details
of the Pi (Ram, space, uptime) and not details of the UPS through NUT.  It
seems I need to write my own script that runs on the Raspberry Pi that
passes the NUT values to the check_mk agent through upsc -l.

Has anyone done this before...integrating NUT with the check_mk agent?
I'll keep working on my script but I thought I would ask this community to
see if one already exists.

Thank you.