[Nut-upsuser] NUT configuration problem

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Oct 26 21:01:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, George Anchev wrote:

> > The best way to shut down becomes a power disconnection.
>
> Hm. Not quite convenient for a dual boot system. Actually that
> contradicts the very idea of being the power being non-interrupted.
> Isn't there any way to reporgram the service to distinguish between
> shutdown and reboot? Or even better - between shutdown induced by a
> power loss and normal shutdown. I suppose it is best for the UPS not to
> be shut off while the PC is off when there is wall power?

The setup described in the article is for an unattended server running in
an uncertain electrical environment.  If you use your machine primarily as
a desktop station, then in your case it might be better to remove the bios
option "restart on power return", and leave the PC off until you need it.

Roger