[Nut-upsuser] The system doesn't shutdown

George Anchev studio at anchev.net
Thu Oct 29 12:07:52 UTC 2015

> I don't know if upsmon is running as root or upsd when it calls wall for a
> shutdown.  If it is running as upsd then there could be a problem.

It seems running as upsd, otherwise it makes no sense not to work. However
upsd user doesn't have a shell (I see /bin/false as it's shell in YaST >
Users and Group Management which might be the reason for it not being able
to execute shell commands such as echo or wall. Does it actually work for
you? Can you suggest another way of notifications so that everything works?

Thanks.

---
George Anchev