[Nut-upsuser] UPS/NUT with openSUSE 13.1

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Sep 4 14:30:37 UTC 2015

Hello Bob,

> I had preferred the shutdown script method because it was a little more
> straight-forward, and possibly more portable.  This guide is meant to
> help people get the UPS up and running, whatever their Linux distro. I
> don't know how common the systemd implementation is across various Linux
> distros.

You will need to support Linux systems with and without systemd for some
time.  For example SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 which does not use
systemd will be supported until 31 Mar 2019 and SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server 11 will be supported until 31 Mar 2022.
https://www.suse.com/lifecycle/

> I assume that to undo the systemd service unit method, I do something
> like "systemctl --system disable /etc/syst......"?

Yes.  That will remove the soft link.

Best Regards, Roger