[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD backed with a PR1500LCDRT2U

Louis G. louis at frentzgzesh.info
Tue Sep 22 17:43:55 UTC 2015

I need some help here with getting this thing running. Every time I enable NUT on the server, I get a "on battery" status when I know that it is running on house power. This only occurs when I am monitoring it with FreeBSD(NAS4Free) When i plug the same UPS into CentOS 6.7, It works as expected. I am not sure what the difference between the NUT versions other than the base OS would be. Both are running Version 2.7.3. Thank you in advance.

FreeBSD output:

device.mfr: CPS
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ugen4.2
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.3
driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.39
ups.mfr: CPS
ups.productid: 0601
ups.status: OB
ups.vendorid: 0764

System Log:
Sep 22 09:04:20 root: nut service started
Sep 22 09:04:20 root: nut_upslog service started
Sep 22 09:04:20 root: nut_upsmon service started
Sep 22 09:04:20 upsmon[49453]: UPS server at localhost on battery
Sep 22 09:04:20 upssched-cmd: UPS server at localhost - Line Power Fail, system running on battery power

Joe Gzesh

Sent from Zimbra Open Source Mail Server. Hosted at my House.
Ask me how to set up your own Zimbra server.