[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD backed with a PR1500LCDRT2U

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:06:33 UTC 2015

On Sep 22, 2015, at 1:43 PM, Louis G. <louis at frentzgzesh.info> wrote:

> I need some help here with getting this thing running. Every time I enable NUT on the server, I get a "on battery" status when I know that it is running on house power. This only occurs when I am monitoring it with FreeBSD(NAS4Free)

Which version of FreeBSD is this based on?

> When i plug the same UPS into CentOS 6.7, It works as expected. I am not sure what the difference between the NUT versions other than the base OS would be. Both are running Version 2.7.3. Thank you in advance.
>
> FreeBSD output:
>
> device.mfr: CPS
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ugen4.2
> driver.parameter.synchronous: no
> driver.version: 2.7.3
> driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
> driver.version.internal: 0.39
> ups.mfr: CPS
> ups.productid: 0601
> ups.status: OB
> ups.vendorid: 0764

Note also that the list of variables is much shorter than some of the other CyberPower HID devices:

   http://www.networkupstools.org/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/index.html

Can you open up a root shell, kill the old `usbhid-ups` process, and run it from the command line?

   /usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a ups -DDD

(Adjust the "-a ups" for the name that NAS4Free uses.)

It will indefinitely, but we only need about the first 30 seconds. Please gzip the output before posting to the list. Also, please use reply-all, as this mailing list does not mangle the reply-to headers.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail