[Nut-upsuser] Configure NUT slaves for D-Link 320 ShareCenter NUT master

Panagiotis Atmatzidis atma at convalesco.org
Thu Sep 24 06:21:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a UPS unit attached to the "D-Link 320 ShareCenter", a SOHO 2-bay NAS. I set up the UPS in "Master Mode". Unfortunately it doesn't supply any kind of useful info in the web interface, so I had to connect via ‘nc' to port 3493 to get the proper UPS name.

I manage to to issue a successful ‘upsc’ command:

root at galois:~# upsc megatec at 192.168.3.6
battery.charge: 100
battery.voltage: 13.70
battery.voltage.high: 13.00
battery.voltage.low: 10.40
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.type: ups
driver.name: blazer_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.6.4
driver.version.internal: 0.08
input.current.nominal: 2.0
input.frequency: 50.1
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.voltage: 224.4
input.voltage.fault: 224.4
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.voltage: 224.4
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 30
ups.delay.start: 180
ups.load: 6
ups.productid: 5161
ups.status: OL
ups.type: offline / line interactive
ups.vendorid: 0665

Then I tried to setup upsmon.conf in order to monitor the UPS from my Linux host (hostname galois). The username and password are the ones I use to access the web interface.

grep -v "#" /etc/nut/upsmon.conf |sort
DEADTIME 15
FINALDELAY 5
HOSTSYNC 15
MINSUPPLIES 1
MONITOR megatec at 192.168.3.6 1 admin <admin-pass> slave
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
RBWARNTIME 43200
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"

When I start the service I get the following "ACCESS-DENIED" logs:

root at galois:~# service ups-monitor start
[ ok ] Starting NUT - power device monitor and shutdown controller: nut-client.
root at galois:~# tail -n 2 /var/log/syslog
Sep 23 19:12:03 galois upsmon[3997]: Startup successful
Sep 23 19:12:03 galois upsmon[3999]: Login on UPS [megatec at 192.168.3.6] failed - got [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]

I didn't find any way to probe while issuing user and password.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Is there any way to find username and password? Are there any defaults that I could try?

The manual of the NAS and their website has no information on how to setup slaves and I’m at loss.

Thanks,

Best regards

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:	atma at convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0x1A7BFEC5
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1A7BFEC5

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy