[Nut-upsuser] UPS/NUT with openSUSE 13.1

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Fri Sep 25 12:31:39 UTC 2015

Ya, that's the part that I hate the most, and why up until now I considered it dispensible....it's a COMMENT.  Nowhere in software engineering should a comment actually affect the running of the program!

That rant aside, I'm still not sure why this DOES affect the running.  I'm not trying any fancy shell scripting tricks.  I'm simply calling upsdrvctl.  It's a single line in the file, and I can't imagine that bash or csh or any other scripting calls it differently.  But *shrug*  that's just my ignorance talking.

Either way, SOMETHING is different now besides that because I wasn't able to get the systemd service unit to work before, and that has nothing to do with bash/shells.  I'm going to try again today from scratch and make sure I've got it working.