[Nut-upsuser] UPS/NUT with openSUSE 13.1

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:32:48 UTC 2015

On Sep 24, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Tim Dawson <tadawson at tpcsvc.com> wrote:

> The "#! <shell>" is a *nix thing that exists in every *nix I have ever seen, for as long as I know (mid 1980's for me . . ) and is used to specify what shell is to be loaded to run that script

More specifically, this dates back to when the first two bytes of an a.out-format executable file were the "magic" values used to determine how to load it. The ASCII code for "#!" does not match any of those magic values, and has the added benefit of being the start of a shell comment line.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail