[Nut-upsuser] Seriously confused...

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:07:34 UTC 2016

On Aug 25, 2016, at 12:03 PM, JB <erghdebergh at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  My apologies if this has been asked, but is there anyone who would be willing
>  to help me figure out what to 'edit' in what and which (all?) '.conf' files
>  in /etc/nut to be able to use my new Tripp Lite Smart1300LCD please?
>
>  I have/need just the most basic setup. It's only me using my computer and only
>  this one computer and a few peripherals being used on the UPS.
>
>  Here's some info:
>
> OS: Slackware Linux 14.2 x86_64
> UPS: Tripp Lite Smart1300LCD
> nut version: 2.7.4 (from the tarball source)

The closest driver in our compatibility list is the SMART1300LCDT (not sure what the "T" suffix means):

http://networkupstools.org/ddl/Tripp_Lite/SMART1300LCDT.html

The driver for nearly all of the USB models is usbhid-ups. On the man page it shows example "ups.conf" fragments:

http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html#_implementation

it mentions that this driver ignores the "port" parameter (but other parts of NUT still need it set to something unique).

[please use Reply-All to post to the list - we do not modify the Reply-To header.]

--
- Charles Lepple
https://ghz.cc/charles/