[Nut-upsuser] /var/run/nut directory not created on CentOS 7.2 with systemd

Mark Hansen meh at Winfirst.Com
Sun Dec 25 20:37:33 UTC 2016

On 12/25/2016 9:25 AM, Larry Fahnoe wrote:
> My environment is a little different, but I'm seeing at least the client
> working without issue on CentOS 7.
>
> On CentOS 7.2 I also used the epel repository and installed nut-client;
> currently nut-client-2.7.2-3.el7.x86_64   The only configuration change was
> to update the /etc/ups/upsmon.conf file with the appropriate MONITOR
> statement.  Other than that, normal enabling and starting the service was
> sufficient to have it work properly.  The CentOS systems are installed from
> the minimal image and have a small set of KVM virtualization packages
> installed.  In my environment, the nut server runs on a Raspberry Pi, so
> only the client is needed on the other systems.
>
> --Larry

Thanks Larry. I'm not sure what's different with my system then. I've installed
both "nut" and "nut-client" (as shown below). The service that is failing to
start is "nut-server.service". If you're not running that, then that is probably
why you're not seeing this problem.

I think one of the NUT configuration/control files is supposed to create this
directory when it starts, but that's not happening. Is it possible this is a bug
in the NUT package on CentOS?

Thanks,