[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS BX1400U

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:08:07 UTC 2016

On Feb 16, 2016, at 12:57 AM, T. Ermlich <pelegrine at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the email only send to you, Charles!
> Here's the one for the list.

I realize it is no longer a common list configuration. Feel free to use "Reply All" in Gmail - I won't get two copies.

> torsten at raspberrypi ~ $ uname -a
> Linux raspberrypi 4.1.13-v7+ #826 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 13 20:19:03 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
> torsten at raspberrypi ~ $

Hmm, I upgraded the base install to kernel 4.1.17+ (mine is armv6l - Model B) and tried usbhid-ups with a CyberPower USB UPS. No issues retrieving the Manufacturer, Product and Serial Number strings. I will see if I can try with an APC later.

I don't know if we have ruled out permission problems yet. I had the UPS plugged in when I installed the NUT .debs, and it did not change permissions on the /dev/bus/usb/ node for the UPS. I ran "udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=usb --action=change" and it fixed that issue. (Rebooting after installing the package would also work.)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail