[Nut-upsuser] NUT support for CyberPower PR1500LCDRTXL2Ua

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:07:19 UTC 2016

[please use reply-all to include the list. thanks!]

On Jan 18, 2016, at 5:08 PM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:

> (is the USBHID worth using?)

It's hit-or-miss. I have a different CyberPower unit (no LCD, kind of like a big power strip) and there are some scale issues, similar to this entry:

   http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/docker-debian-jessie/docs/latest/ddl/Cyber_Power_Systems/PR6000LCDRTXL5U.html

Also, there are some permissions issues on the /dev/bus/usb nodes that can be fixed, but they are annoying to track down if your distribution has a bad combination of NUT and udev versions.

 - - -

Sounds like you are on the right track with the text protocol. There are two different sscanf() format strings - it looks like yours follows similar conventions ('I' for input voltage, 'O' for output voltage, etc.). Yours might have been cut off, since it seems like the driver tries to read 35 bytes first, then an additional 23 if it does not succeed. Note that your result does not have 'S', which I would guess is status.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail